Our organization converts local pride into meaningful action. In order to inspire community involvement we talk about all that we have on our side here in Central New York. We have so much we can build off of to make Syracuse a better place.
Why we believe in Syracuse:
- Syracuse consistently ranks among the most affordable places to live in the country. Housing costs are low as a percentage of resident income.
- Syracuse is easy to get around and our work commutes are much shorter than the national average.
- The Syracuse area added 1,800 jobs over the past 12 months
- In 2015 travelers to Onondaga County spent $863.2 million; a 7% increase from 2014
- Over the past year, 21 new retail businesses and restaurants opened in Downtown Syracuse
- Onondaga Lake is rising from the dead, and Hotel Syracuse is about to re-open, leading to more positive growth ahead of us.
How we make Syracuse stronger:
Syracuse isn't all sunshine and flowers. There are aspects of our city that need improvement. That improvement won't happen by ignoring our problems or simply bragging about how great Syracuse is. Together we roll up our sleeves and make a meaningful difference in this community we love.
All the funds we raise through our membership drive and our upcoming Progress Gala at the historic Hotel Syracuse help support our mission and our programs. Three programs we organize to make Syracuse stronger are the Syracuse Neighborhood Olympics, our Community Organizing Program and our Community Service Committee.
- Syracuse Neighborhood Olympics: Scheduled for this August, this event will make a huge impact in the community by promoting neighborhood pride that translates into neighborhood improvement. The Olympics are open to all and the winning neighborhood will receive a Believe in Syracuse organized volunteer beautification effort to spruce up their neighborhood.
- Community Organizing Program: This initiative has launched a Northside team and a South Side team of neighbors. The goal is to bring neighbors together, empowering them with resources they need to make a difference. The South Side team has kicked off a neighborhood beautification program and the Northside team is organizing a July 4th parade for kids in the neighborhood.
- Community Service Committee: This group of believers has done a lot to give back to Syracuse. They staffed Mary Nelson's Backpack Giveaway last year, transformed a courtyard at the Syracuse Latin School, and volunteer regularly serving breakfast to the homeless and hungry at the Samaritan Center.
- Attend our Progress Gala at Hotel Syracuse: Not only is this an incredibly exciting and elegant event with keynote speaker Sean Kirst, but it will contribute significantly to supporting our programs that make Syracuse stronger. The deadline to get tickets is just two weeks from today! Click here and learn more about this event at the historic Hotel Syracuse.
- Attend our Syracuse Rising event: Join us one week from today for this free event in Armory Square and hear from Paul Colabufo, organizer of the Syracuse Neighborhood Olympics. Come have a drink and get connected with us!
- Become a member of Believe in Syracuse: By being a member, you can serve on one of our committees, you can post in our facebook group, be listed in our member directory, and many other member benefits for just $25/year.
It's not about me. It's not about our board members. It's about you. It's about the power of all of us working together. We're a grassroots organization and your support is how I know we'll continue to make a huge impact in the Syracuse community for years to come.
Thank you so much for all you've done for our organization, for our mission and most of all thank you for all you do for Syracuse.
Believe in Syracuse
Become a Member