Today I would like to announce the lineup of speakers we have prepared to address the crowd at Syracuse Rising: Westside Monday at 6PM. Also I think it's important for us all to recognize the incredible history and culture that exists in this neighborhood.
There's Tipp Hill with their unique upside-down traffic light, stone throwers monument and Irish culture. There's Strathmore, a vibrant and diverse neighborhood that features the beautiful Onondaga Park. There's the Near Westside with organizations like the Gear Factory with their Before I Die Wall and the Near Westside Initiative that is transforming a low income neighborhood. There's so much to discover on the Westside and we hope you'll let us help you do so Monday. Click Here and then RSVP.
Where: The Pale and Bucket
4744 Onondaga Blvd, Syracuse, NY 13219
When: Monday November 10th, 6PM - 8PM
- Maarten Jacobs, Director of the Near Westside Initiative
- Mary Beth Dooley Horsington from the Strathmore Speaker Series
- Thomas Dellwo, Cooperative Federal, discussing student run credit union at Fowler High School
- Luke Naughton, owner of The Pale and Bucket Pub
- Gissell Ferreiro, Fowler High School Grad, Say Yes to Education Scholar at LeMoyne
- Announcement about First Book Volunteer Opportunity
When ordinary people get connected and engaged in their community, they can accomplish extraordinary things. That's why we're hosing Syracuse Rising: Westside, so that you can celebrate the progress happening in our community, connect with people who believe in Syracuse and learn from those on the front lines of the effort.
Believe in Syracuse
Visit Our Website Contribute
P.S. On November 20th Believe in Syracuse will be volunteering with Non-Profit First Book and the Syracuse Teachers Association to unpack and sort books to be distributed to city school children. Let's invest in our children who will be the future of Syracuse. Click Here for more info and to RSVP.