Where: Beer Belly Deli, 510 Westcott St
When: One Week from Today, Tuesday 9/30 from 6-8PM
1. Your help last year helped save Beer Belly Deli, a small, locally owned business! Last summer, Save the Rain was doing heavy construction on Westcott and as a result, Beer Belly Deli was considering going out of business. They were a new start-up and weren't seeing many customers come through their doors. That's when Believe in Syracuse stepped in and held a huge event at Beer Belly, over 60 people came out despite the construction. Lauren, Co-Owner of Beer Belly told the crowd that their business would help keep them open another week. Today, Beer Belly is doing well and recently added delivery service!
3. Celebrate and learn about the renovated Babcock-Shattuck House! Not long ago, the historic castle looking building at the corner of Westcott and Genesee was run down, boarded up, and falling apart. It's called the Babcock-Shattuck House and it used to be a highly visible eyesore and symbol of a community that pails in comparison to what it once was. Recently Home HeadQuarters, a local Non-Profit Organization that rehabs homes in the City of Syracuse along with the University Neighborhood Preservation Association got to work on the Babcock-Shattuck House. The results are astounding. Hilary Mansur from Home Headquarters will be speaking at our event 9/30 at 6PM at Beer Belly Deli so don't miss it!
5. Hear Barb from the Westcott Neighborhood Association speak Believe in Syracuse isn't about me or any one person. It's about what we can do when we come together, network and volunteer in our community. It's neighbors like you, coming together that make a difference, keeping Syracuse moving forward. Barb from the Westcott Neighborhood Association will be speaking to the group on the 30th
6. Beer Belly will donate a portion of their sales on Tuesday to Believe in Syracuse! If you come and buy a beer, a glass of wine or some food, Beer Belly will donate a portion of the proceeds to Believe in Syracuse. There's no cost required to come to the event. You don't have to buy a drink or food, but you can eat or drink anywhere, why not have some of that money donated for a good cause? Join us on Tuesday!
7. Be the first to know a major announcement about Believe in Syracuse! It's a secret so I can't tell you until you come on Tuesday, but know that this year we've been working behind the scenes on a way to take this movement to the next level. Don't miss out. Click Here and then RSVP.
This event is going to be great. It's all about people coming together to make a statement that they believe in their community. Please forward this email to your friends, share the event on Facebook or just talk it up with your friends. You can learn more and RSVP on our website or on Facebook at the URL's below:
See you Tuesday!
Believe in Syracuse