Our Mission: To promote positive perceptions and improve the quality of life in the Greater Syracuse Area.
The decline of Syracuse that happened between 1950 and 2000 has made fewer people believe that good things are possible here. By changing the conversation about Syracuse we hope to encourage civic engagement and make Syracuse a more positive place to live. Believe in Syracuse can't solve all our problems, but working together, we believe we can start a conversation that makes Syracuse better.
● Our Community Service Committee has provided enormous volunteer support for things like Mary Nelson’s Youth Day BBQ and Backpack Giveaway, a cleanup event at the Latin School in the SCSD and worked with the Syracuse Teachers Association to unpack and sort 40,000 books donated for kids in the SCSD. For each volunteer event we have easily filled all volunteer shifts and roles.
● Believe in Syracuse is partnering with the largest charitable foundation in Central New York on our new grassroots community organizing program on the Northside and South Side to promote the vibrant diversity in those neighborhoods and help improve quality of life for residents.
● Led the historic Onondaga Lake Swim that garnered press coverage in the New York Times, others.
● Led the Light up Syracuse campaign to show off Downtown during NCAA tournament weekend.
● Believe in Syracuse has 221 dues paying individual members, a board of directors and four committees.
● Held more than 25 Syracuse Rising events that promote local progress, feature speakers who are leaders in the community, allow folks to network and have a drink at a locally owned business.
● Facebook : 7,467 Page Fans, reaching over 3,000 people per day, engaging 854 people per week. Facebook group with +1,600 members.
● Twitter : 8,796 followers, 42,000 impressions per month, 1,000 profile visits per month
● Instagram : 6,475 followers, average of 70 likes per post, popular recent posts with 250, 336 likes
● LinkedIn : 671 group members get emails, 219 page followers
● Email : 3,113 subscribers, 25% open rate (industry average is 20%)
● Website : 3,200 visits per month, 4,020 page views per month.